If you have any interest to buy BitDAO (BIT), you will be required to have either Bitcoin abbreviated as (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) for trading purposes. I have reviewed the major cryptocurrency exchange Binance in this post to help you determine the best sites to buy cryptocurrency using a credit card or bank account. Take a read and get tips on the best cryptocurrency trading.
Step 1: How to create a Binance account:
1.1 Visit Binance’s Website (https://www.binance.com/en)
There have been several phishing cases reported over the past years that are imitations to the original site, it is essential to scrutinize the URL to the website keenly. First, be on the lookout for the ‘Secure’ certificate that should pop up in your address bar and that acts as a confirmation of the site’s genuineness. Second, to be extra safe while trading on the platform, ensure to bookmark the authentic site to evade any confusion in future searches.
1.2 Fill in your trading details
You have to fill in your details by going to the ‘’Register” tab found in the right-hand corner of the website’s page and fill in your trading details. For instance, you will need to fill in your mobile number or you choose to use your email address. For the email address, it is necessary to use your main email that you can access easily and the most secure one since you will need it to sign in to your Binance account always.
You also need to choose a strong password for your email; a strong password should comprise a mix of numbers, symbols, upper and lower-case letters. You will receive a 6-digit code via the email you provided as your account’s verification code and for completing the registration process.
1.3 Allow 2FA-Two-factor authentication (Optional)
To make your account more secure you need to allow use of a two-factor authentication after your first log in. Trust me; it is vital to set up the 2FA because it makes your account more secure from any hacking activity!
Every time you log in with the two-factor authentication, you will need to provide a unique code once your type in your email and password. To get your unique code, use the Google authenticator app downloaded into your smartphone.
Step 2: Buying your first Bitcoin (BTC)
To send money to your Crypto wallet account on Binance either directly via your bank account through SWIFT money transfer or you can opt to use your debit/credit card. For this part, I will guide you on how to use your credit card.
Binance previously didn’t allow the use of credit or debit cards on its platform, but the same has been introduced. Binance partnered with Simplex to allow its users to use their credit and debit cards to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum. This has led to faster Crypto transaction speeds, low transaction charges, and more transaction flexibility.
I highly recommend buying Bitcoin first and then trading it for the right amount of BitDAO (BIT).
It is easy to purchase Bitcoins via your credit card but I will elaborate on best ways you can do it step-by-step to make sure you understand all the trading nitty-gritty.
- Move your mouse’s cursor to ‘Buy Crypto’ tab found on the top bar and activate the dropdown menu. Then choose the currency, For instance, US Dollars, and click the ‘Credit/Debit Card’ to lead you to the next step.
- You be led to the next page; in this page you will see options to choose the desired Bitcoin (Select BTC), and the amount you need to spend to buy your choice Bitcoin amount. The total amount you need to spend will be displayed according to the Bitcoin amount you request and the matching market price at that time (inclusive of all fees). However, you can choose to first set the total charge then the system will automatically calculate the order amount for you.
- Fill in your credit card details and personal information too. Once done, you need to click “Pay now” and give it a moment to verify your details.
- You will be required to verify your email and phone number if it happens to be your first simplex payment via a code send through your email or an SMS. Complete the verification process by opening the link in your email and type in the code you receive via SMS. Once you do all the above, you can click “Continue”.
- Verification of identity follows next via the use of an official document. Basically upload your identification document photo accompanied by your personal details and click the “Upload Document” tab.
Lastly, your personal document will be approved once verified by the system and an email send to show the confirmation of order purchase. Subsequently, your Binance account is credited with the purchased BTC or Ethereum.
Step 3: Transferring Your Cryptos to an Altcoin Exchange FTX
Now let us purchase BitDAO (BIT) using your investment from Binance.
But, not every crypto can be traded in Binance we need to transfer our coins to an exchange that BitDAO (BIT) can be traded.
Let me guide you to FTX which is a famous exchange to trade altcoins. We will use the link below to register your new account.
If you have completed similar processes as we’ve done before with Binance we are ready to transfer our Bitcoins.
Step 4: Depositing BTC to Exchange
After you have created your trading account setup at one of the exchanges that trades BitDAO (BIT), you will need to transfer your BTC from Binance to that specific exchange.
You will need to use a wallet system. Deposit BTC to ftx Click “Wallet” from the top left menu. Then, you will see the coin list, find BTC and lick deposit button and copy the given “Deposit Address” This part may be a little bit difficult but don’t worry, it is easier than a bank transfer.
After you have copied your unique BTC wallet address go back to Binance. Move your cursor to “Wallet” on the right hand side of the topbar and once the popup shows up, click on “Fiat and Spot (Deposit & Withdrawal)”.
Look for BTC in the list and click on “Withdraw” on the right hand side. Then, Paste the deposit address you just copied from the other exchange and select BTC as the transfer network.
Type down the amount that you want to withdraw (you may click the Max button if you want to withdraw all). Then, Click on the Submit button to begin with the withdrawal process.
For you to continue with the withdrawal, Binance may ask you for your 2FA code and also you will have to confirm the withdrawal with an e-mail.
That is all you need to do, now you should wait shortly so that the blockchain to confirm your transaction.
Step 5: Trade BitDAO (BIT)
Now you need to go back to Bitmax to buy BitDAO (BIT) with the Bitcoins you sent.
You will have to move your mouse over to trading and then click standard under cash trading.Then, in the left column make sure to select “BTC” pair and in the search bar type in “BIT”.
After you havemoved your coin click on it and now you will see a price table of BIT/BTC in the middle of the page. Select, the “Market” tab as that is the most straight-forward type of buying orders.
The, you have to type in your amount or choose what portion of your BTC deposit you would like to spend on buying, by clicking on the percentage buttons.
Once you have confirmed everything, click “Buy BIT”. Now you own your BIT!
Other Exchanges to Buy Cryptos
The following are other sites you can buy from these exchanges:
HotBit (Which permits US investors)
MXC (This exchange allows US investors)
On top of the above-listed exchanges, there are some more common crypto exchanges where daily trading volumes and a huge user base is available. This helps to ensure that you can sell your coins any time you want and the charges for the trading are not high. It is recommended that you should also register on these exchanges because whenever BitDAO gets listed there it give the traders who have already registered a large amount of trading volumes, that means you will be provided with some great trading opportunities!
Final Step: How to Store BitDAO securely in hardware wallets
1. Ledger Nano S
- Easy to set up and has a friendly trading interface.
- Allows use on desktops and laptops
- Lightweight and Portable too
- Has been designed to Support most blockchains and a wide range of (ERC-20) tokens
- Has many trading languages.
- Designed by a well-established company found in 2014 with great chip security
- It is not expensive but can be acquired at affordable price
2. Ledger Nano X
- It made with a more advanced and secure element chip (ST33) than Ledger Nano S
- Has an easy design that allows the use on desktop or laptop, or even smartphone and tablet through Bluetooth connection.
- Also Lightweight and Portable and has a built-in rechargeable battery
- Has a Larger screen
- Comes with more storage space compared toLedger Nano S
- It supports most blockchains and wide range of (ERC-20) tokens
- Provides several languages for every customer
- It was designed by a famous company found in 2014 with great chip security
- Can be obtained at an affordable price
If you still have plans to stay at hodl” as some people call it, basically misspelt “hold” (which become famous as time passes) your BitDAO for some long time, you need to find ways to ensure it stays safe safe,
However Binance is the most safe cryptocurrency exchange, in the past few years there have been hacking incidents and funds were lost. Because of the design of the wallets in exchanges, they will be accessible always via the internet (“Hot Wallets” as they are called), therefore exposing certain aspects of weaknesses.
Thus safeguard your cryptos by putting them in “Cold Wallets”, where the wallet will only have access to the blockchain(or simply “go online”) when you send out funds,. This reduces the chances of being hacked. For example, use a paper wallet which is a type of free cold wallet. It can also be defined as an offline-produced pair of public and private address and that you write on a paper for keeping safely with you. But, it is not permanent and may be faced by certain risk.
Thus, Hardware wallet is therefore the best compared to cold wallets. Since they are usually USB-enabled devices that can hold the key information of your wallet in the safest manner. Also they are designed using military-level security and their firmware’s are continuously upgraded by their manufacturers and this makes them extra safe to use. For example, Ledger Nano S and Ledger Nano X and are most common hardware wallets, you can buy one at $50 to $100 depending on the specifications they have. I highly recommend these for holding your assets because these wallets are a worthy every penny according to my experience and opinion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to buy BitDAO with cash?
The answer is No. Because there is no way you can directly buy BitDAO with cash. But, using marketplaces such as LocalBitcoins to first buy Bitcoin, and completethe rest of the steps by transferring your bitcoin to respective AltCoin exchanges.
How do I Buy Bitcoin from local sellers?
You can go to LocalBitcoins that is a peer-to-peer Bitcoin exchange. It is more of a marketplace where users can buy and sell Bitcoins to and from each other. Users, known as traders, make advertisements to show their price and the payment method they want used. Then buyers buy from the traders to buy from sellers in a particular nearby region on the platform. LocalBitcoins is after all a good place to go to buy Bitcoins when it is impossible for you to find your favorite payment methods somewhere else. The site’s prices are high and you have you have to be extra careful to avoid conmen.
What are the quickest ways I can buy BitDAO while living in Europe?
While in Europe you have the advantage of buying cryptos in an easy and quick way. Because Europe has even online banks which help buyers to simply open an account and transfer money to exchanges such as Coinbase and Coinmama. Such banks which are common as online banks in Europe are Bunq, N26 and Revolut.
Can I use alternative platforms to purchase BitDAO or Bitcoin with credit cards?
Yes you can, you just need to visit Changelly which an easy to trade in site especially when it comes to buying Bitcoin with credit cards. It provides an automatic cryptocurrency exchange that gives a buyer the opportunity to exchange crypto fast and buy them using credit card. It has been designed to allow users to have easy crypto buying since it has a simple user interface and provides instructions that are easy to follow too.
To learn more about this project, check out our deep dive of BitDAO.
What Is BitDAO (BIT)?
BitDAO is a decentralized autonomous organization that wants to level the playing field for every person in the world by building a decentralized token economy. This protocol is one of the world’s newest and largest decentralized autonomous organizations focused on DeFi, and is managed by holders of BIT tokens.
One of the initiative’s primary aims is to attract developer talent via token swaps and co-development efforts. The token swaps will enable the BitDAO treasury to accumulate a collection of the top crypto project tokens.
BitDAO’s vision is open finance and a decentralized tokenized economy. BitDAO hopes to support a broad range of projects including DeFi, DAOs, NFTs and gaming. Support will be in the form of research and development, liquidity bootstrapping and funding.
Who Are the Founders of BitDAO?
BitDAO has no founders; the project is maintained by a group of contributors holding BIT tokens.
The protocol has no teams or companies behind it — as it is a DAO — meaning that various individuals can propose changes to be made to the BitDAO protocol and it is up to the BIT holders (contributors) to vote on whether to accept or reject these suggested proposals.
One of the largest DAOs, it is supported by Peter Thiel, Founders Fund, Pantera, Dragonfly, Spartan, Bybit and others.
Bybit is an early supporter of BitDAO and has pledged recurring contributions to the BitDAO treasury which at 2021 rates exceeds 1B dollars per year. See: https://www.bitdao.io/analytics/
What Makes BitDAO Unique?
BitDAO aims to partner with existing and emerging projects through token swaps. Token swaps will enable the BitDAO treasury allocation to gather a collection of top crypto tokens. The priority is spot and derivatives DEXes.
BitDAO aims to build core products that will help the functionality and effectiveness of BitDAO and other DAOs. The core product includes a set of on-chain and off-chain governance solutions and products, with the DAO’s treasury management able to deploy and monitor assets to earn yield. In addition, BitDAO aims to provide grants to teams in the crypto industry for research or products. All grants are voted on and are given for the public good of the crypto world.
Here are some of BitDAO’s goals:
- Partner with projects via token swaps and co-development efforts. Token swaps will enable the BitDAO treasury to accumulate a collection of the top crypto project tokens;
- Build core products which enable BitDAO and other DAOs to function more effectively. This includes on-chain and off-chain governance solutions, and DAO treasury management solutions;
- Provide grants to teams that produce research or products that are public goods for the crypto industry.
All treasury actions will be determined by BIT token holders via a proposal and voting process.
- BitDAO is not a company. It does not have a management team or employees.
- BitDAO is a collection of contributors. Contributors will hold BIT tokens and are motivated to make the project a success.
- Various individuals and teams will propose changes to the BitDAO protocol. It is up to BIT holders to vote to accept or reject these proposals.
- Holding BIT entitles you to submit and vote on proposals. It does not entitle you to impose your will upon other contributors.
- BitDAO will be an evolving project, and community leaders will emerge over time. Governance proposals and forum participation will affect the direction of the project.
- The vision and mission of BitDAO will be driven by token holders, contributors, and community leaders.
For updates on news, trending coins, airdrops and more, visit our blog.
How Many BitDAO (BIT) Coins Are There in Circulation?
As of now, there are no market statistics for BitDAO coins, as the trading has not yet begun. However, BitDAO aims at an initial distribution of 200,000,000 BIT.
The breakdown of the distribution will be as follows:
Private Sale – 5% (10000000 $BIT)
Launch Partner Rewards – 5% (10000000 $BIT)
BitDO Treasury – 30% (600000000 $BIT)
Partner (Bybit) Flexible – 15% (300000000 $BIT)
Partner (Bybit) Locked – 45% (900000000 $BIT)
The distribution of the tokens has vesting for the private sale to be held on Oct. 15, 2021. The BitDAO treasury holds 30% of the total tokens, which are owned by the contributors (token holders) in proportion to the number of tokens they hold. The treasury tokens can be used for rewards, grants and swaps, and their usage is determined by the proposal and voting of the contributors.
Bybit — through the flexible and locked tokens — has the largest percentage of BIT tokens. These Bybit tokens can be used for R&D purposes. Bybit has pledged to make a significant contribution to the BitDAO treasury.
How Is the BitDAO Network Secured?
The BitDAO Platform uses SSL encryption to protect the personal data of users on the platform. BitDAO has also partnered with Amber, which is invested in cyber and crypto security and has industry-leading security infrastructure like Fireblocks and BitGo.
BitDAO is owned and governed by BIT token holders, with the following actions executed only after a successful proposal and vote:
- token swaps with existing and emerging projects.
- treasury allocation into various strategies.
- liquidity support for partner projects.
- grants or milestone rewards to development teams and R&D centers (to build BitDAO products, or support partner products).
- grants to blockchain technology projects, education programs, or other blockchain public goods.
- updates to BitDAO core protocols (including governance and treasury management functions).
When Will BitDAO Trading Begin?
BitDAO trading has begun as of Aug. 16.
Can BitDAO Hit $1?
As of Aug. 21, BitDAO is trading at over $1.
Where Can You Buy BitDAO (BIT)?
You can see which markets BitDAO is trading on by looking at the markets tab here.
If you need a guide on how to buy a cryptocurrency, click here