If you have any interest to buy Gemie (GEM), you will be required to have either Bitcoin abbreviated as (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) for trading purposes. I have reviewed the major cryptocurrency exchange Binance in this post to help you determine the best sites to buy cryptocurrency using a credit card or bank account. Take a read and get tips on the best cryptocurrency trading.
Step 1: How to create a Binance account:
1.1 Visit Binance’s Website (https://www.binance.com/en)
There have been several phishing cases reported over the past years that are imitations to the original site, it is essential to scrutinize the URL to the website keenly. First, be on the lookout for the ‘Secure’ certificate that should pop up in your address bar and that acts as a confirmation of the site’s genuineness. Second, to be extra safe while trading on the platform, ensure to bookmark the authentic site to evade any confusion in future searches.
1.2 Fill in your trading details
You have to fill in your details by going to the ‘’Register” tab found in the right-hand corner of the website’s page and fill in your trading details. For instance, you will need to fill in your mobile number or you choose to use your email address. For the email address, it is necessary to use your main email that you can access easily and the most secure one since you will need it to sign in to your Binance account always.
You also need to choose a strong password for your email; a strong password should comprise a mix of numbers, symbols, upper and lower-case letters. You will receive a 6-digit code via the email you provided as your account’s verification code and for completing the registration process.
1.3 Allow 2FA-Two-factor authentication (Optional)
To make your account more secure you need to allow use of a two-factor authentication after your first log in. Trust me; it is vital to set up the 2FA because it makes your account more secure from any hacking activity!
Every time you log in with the two-factor authentication, you will need to provide a unique code once your type in your email and password. To get your unique code, use the Google authenticator app downloaded into your smartphone.
Step 2: Buying your first Bitcoin (BTC)
To send money to your Crypto wallet account on Binance either directly via your bank account through SWIFT money transfer or you can opt to use your debit/credit card. For this part, I will guide you on how to use your credit card.
Binance previously didn’t allow the use of credit or debit cards on its platform, but the same has been introduced. Binance partnered with Simplex to allow its users to use their credit and debit cards to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum. This has led to faster Crypto transaction speeds, low transaction charges, and more transaction flexibility.
I highly recommend buying Bitcoin first and then trading it for the right amount of Gemie (GEM).
It is easy to purchase Bitcoins via your credit card but I will elaborate on best ways you can do it step-by-step to make sure you understand all the trading nitty-gritty.
- Move your mouse’s cursor to ‘Buy Crypto’ tab found on the top bar and activate the dropdown menu. Then choose the currency, For instance, US Dollars, and click the ‘Credit/Debit Card’ to lead you to the next step.
- You be led to the next page; in this page you will see options to choose the desired Bitcoin (Select BTC), and the amount you need to spend to buy your choice Bitcoin amount. The total amount you need to spend will be displayed according to the Bitcoin amount you request and the matching market price at that time (inclusive of all fees). However, you can choose to first set the total charge then the system will automatically calculate the order amount for you.
- Fill in your credit card details and personal information too. Once done, you need to click “Pay now” and give it a moment to verify your details.
- You will be required to verify your email and phone number if it happens to be your first simplex payment via a code send through your email or an SMS. Complete the verification process by opening the link in your email and type in the code you receive via SMS. Once you do all the above, you can click “Continue”.
- Verification of identity follows next via the use of an official document. Basically upload your identification document photo accompanied by your personal details and click the “Upload Document” tab.
Lastly, your personal document will be approved once verified by the system and an email send to show the confirmation of order purchase. Subsequently, your Binance account is credited with the purchased BTC or Ethereum.
Step 3: Transferring Your Cryptos to an Altcoin Exchange Kucoin
Let us now purchase Gemie (GEM) using your investment from Binance.
However, not every crypto can be traded in Binance we need to transfer our coins to an exchange that Gemie (GEM) can be traded.
So I show you how to on KuCoin which is a famous exchange to trade altcoins. We will use the link below to register your new account.
Once you have completed similar processes as we’ve done before with Binance we are ready to transfer our Bitcoins.
Step 4: Depositing BTC to Exchange
After you have created your trading account setup at one of the exchanges that trades Gemie (GEM), you will need to transfer your BTC from Binance to that specific exchange.
You will have to so this via a wallet system. Then, deposit BTC to kucoin, just move your cursor to “Assets” from the top right menu and click “Main Account (Deposit & Withdraw)” look for the search box, type “BTC” and click deposit button and copy the given “Deposit Address”.
This part may be a bit difficult to do but don’t worry, it is easier than a bank transfer. After you have copied your unique BTC wallet address go back to Binance.
Then move your cursor to “Wallet” on the right hand side of the topbar and once the popup shows up, click on “Fiat and Spot (Deposit & Withdrawal)”. Look for BTC in the list and click on “Withdraw” on the right hand side.
You need to paste the deposit address you just copied from the other exchange and select BTC as the transfer network. Type the amount that you want to withdraw (you may click the Max button if you want to withdraw all).
Next you need to click on the Submit button to begin with the withdrawal process. To continue with the withdrawal, Binance may ask you for your 2FA code and also you will have to confirm the withdrawal with an e-mail.
That’s all you need to do, then wait for a few seconds while so that the blockchain to confirm your transaction.
Step 5: Trading Gemie (GEM)
Now you are free to go back to Bitmax to buy Gemie (GEM) with the Bitcoins you sent.
Move the mouse over to trading and then click standard under cash trading. Then, in the left column make sure to select “BTC” pair and in the search bar type in “GEM”.
If you have moved your coin click on it and now you will see a price table of GEM/BTC at the center of the page. Select the “Market” tab as that is the most straight-forward type of buying orders.
Also you can either type in your amount or choose what portion of your BTC deposit you would like to spend on buying, by clicking on the percentage buttons.
Once you have confirmed everything, click “Buy GEM”. Now you own your GEM!
Other Exchanges to Buy Cryptos
The following are other sites you can buy from these exchanges:
HotBit (Which permits US investors)
MXC (This exchange allows US investors)
On top of the above-listed exchanges, there are some more common crypto exchanges where daily trading volumes and a huge user base is available. This helps to ensure that you can sell your coins any time you want and the charges for the trading are not high. It is recommended that you should also register on these exchanges because whenever Gemie gets listed there it give the traders who have already registered a large amount of trading volumes, that means you will be provided with some great trading opportunities!
Final Step: How to Store Gemie securely in hardware wallets
1. Ledger Nano S
- Easy to set up and has a friendly trading interface.
- Allows use on desktops and laptops
- Lightweight and Portable too
- Has been designed to Support most blockchains and a wide range of (ERC-20) tokens
- Has many trading languages.
- Designed by a well-established company found in 2014 with great chip security
- It is not expensive but can be acquired at affordable price
2. Ledger Nano X
- It made with a more advanced and secure element chip (ST33) than Ledger Nano S
- Has an easy design that allows the use on desktop or laptop, or even smartphone and tablet through Bluetooth connection.
- Also Lightweight and Portable and has a built-in rechargeable battery
- Has a Larger screen
- Comes with more storage space compared toLedger Nano S
- It supports most blockchains and wide range of (ERC-20) tokens
- Provides several languages for every customer
- It was designed by a famous company found in 2014 with great chip security
- Can be obtained at an affordable price
If you still have plans to stay at hodl” as some people call it, basically misspelt “hold” (which become famous as time passes) your Gemie for some long time, you need to find ways to ensure it stays safe safe,
However Binance is the most safe cryptocurrency exchange, in the past few years there have been hacking incidents and funds were lost. Because of the design of the wallets in exchanges, they will be accessible always via the internet (“Hot Wallets” as they are called), therefore exposing certain aspects of weaknesses.
Thus safeguard your cryptos by putting them in “Cold Wallets”, where the wallet will only have access to the blockchain(or simply “go online”) when you send out funds,. This reduces the chances of being hacked. For example, use a paper wallet which is a type of free cold wallet. It can also be defined as an offline-produced pair of public and private address and that you write on a paper for keeping safely with you. But, it is not permanent and may be faced by certain risk.
Thus, Hardware wallet is therefore the best compared to cold wallets. Since they are usually USB-enabled devices that can hold the key information of your wallet in the safest manner. Also they are designed using military-level security and their firmware’s are continuously upgraded by their manufacturers and this makes them extra safe to use. For example, Ledger Nano S and Ledger Nano X and are most common hardware wallets, you can buy one at $50 to $100 depending on the specifications they have. I highly recommend these for holding your assets because these wallets are a worthy every penny according to my experience and opinion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to buy Gemie with cash?
The answer is No. Because there is no way you can directly buy Gemie with cash. But, using marketplaces such as LocalBitcoins to first buy Bitcoin, and completethe rest of the steps by transferring your bitcoin to respective AltCoin exchanges.
How do I Buy Bitcoin from local sellers?
You can go to LocalBitcoins that is a peer-to-peer Bitcoin exchange. It is more of a marketplace where users can buy and sell Bitcoins to and from each other. Users, known as traders, make advertisements to show their price and the payment method they want used. Then buyers buy from the traders to buy from sellers in a particular nearby region on the platform. LocalBitcoins is after all a good place to go to buy Bitcoins when it is impossible for you to find your favorite payment methods somewhere else. The site’s prices are high and you have you have to be extra careful to avoid conmen.
What are the quickest ways I can buy Gemie while living in Europe?
While in Europe you have the advantage of buying cryptos in an easy and quick way. Because Europe has even online banks which help buyers to simply open an account and transfer money to exchanges such as Coinbase and Coinmama. Such banks which are common as online banks in Europe are Bunq, N26 and Revolut.
Can I use alternative platforms to purchase Gemie or Bitcoin with credit cards?
Yes you can, you just need to visit Changelly which an easy to trade in site especially when it comes to buying Bitcoin with credit cards. It provides an automatic cryptocurrency exchange that gives a buyer the opportunity to exchange crypto fast and buy them using credit card. It has been designed to allow users to have easy crypto buying since it has a simple user interface and provides instructions that are easy to follow too.
Gemie is an Asian entertainment-focused metaverse platform and NFT marketplace built around fan culture. It serves as both the virtual hub of celebrities in the metaverse, and virtual fan clubs for their fans. In Gemie, fans can attend virtual events and collect utility-focused NFTs of their favorite celebrities, and also create NFTs and experiences to earn rewards.
Gemie’s vision is to create a platform for celebrities, brands, and fans to have direct and meaningful interactions. We aim to help celebrities achieve their full potential and reward their fans by launching their NFT collections; we strive to empower fans by giving them the opportunity to create experiences and run fan planets in the metaverse; and we aspire to bring brands to the Web3 space with one-stop design solutions.
Why is Gemie different?
Gemie is the first and only metaverse platform and NFT marketplace dedicated entirely to the Asian entertainment industry and its fan culture. With our team’s industry expertise, utility-driven NFTs, and diverse user-generated virtual experiences, we hope to be the home for celebrating Asian talent.
Some key differentiating factors between us and other metaverses include:
– Our users can turn their fan art into NFTs to use in the metaverse or sell to generate income.
– Our users can start and run their own fan planets with like-minded fans from around the world.
– Our users can create experiences to enhance their fan planets.
– Our team plans to collaborate closely with celebrities and entertainment partners to custom-create experiences and utility-focused NFTs for the Gemie community.
– Our NFTs will be wearables and collectibles in the Gemie metaverse and will come with exclusive online and offline benefits.
– Our metaverse will offer users the opportunities to interact with celebrities through virtual events such as concerts, after parties, hangouts, and movie premieres.
– Our sophisticated yet seamless user experience designed by a team of veterans from the entertainment, gaming and communications industries who fully understand Asian pop culture and the unique dynamics and needs of the consumers in this region.
Gemie users can follow five paths in their gameplay: Collect, Create, Build, Experience, and Govern. These paths contain Gemie’s signature activities and can be explored parallel to each other.
Gemie DAO is where users submit and vote on proposals regarding the development of the Gemie Metaverse. With the Gemie DAO, all users can contribute to create the metaverse experience they desire.
There will be three layers of Gemie DAO in the metaverse.
Gemie Planet DAO
Users can vote on the development and activities of the Gemie Planet, such as:
– NFT designs & categories
– Brand partnerships
– Feature development
– Quests and challenges
– Celebrity Planet DAO
Users can vote on the development and activities of the Celebrity Planets, such as:
– Feature development
– Fan Planet Committee nominations
– User-generated NFT approval
– User-generated experience approval
Once celebrities join the Gemie Metaverse and verify the Celebrity Planets, they can start gathering suggestions from their fans in the Celebrity Planet DAO to help them make daily decisions. Users will have the opportunity to vote on outfit selections, concert song picks, NFT themes, and celebrity experience ideas for their favorite celebrities.
Gemie will partner with crypto and non-crypto brands to help them establish a presence in Web3. We will bring these brands to the Gemie Metaverse by creating customized and interactive experiences for them on the Gemie Planet. Brands will be able to showcase their culture, story, and characteristics and leave a strong impression on their target audience through these experiences.
For celebrities who join Gemie and open their official celebrity planets, Gemie will work with them to launch NFT collections complete with exclusive online and offline benefits.
Categories of Gemie NFTs include, but are not limited to:
– Cards, posters, props, PFPs
– Avatar wearables
– Costumes, accessories, moves, facial expressions
Gemie room upgrades
– Furnitures, electronics, decorations, wallpapers
– Media files
– Video clips, movie clips, unreleased movie teasers, behind the scenes
Utility of Gemie NFTs include, but are not limited to:
– Event access
– Online and offline concerts, movie premieres, after parties, fan meetings
– Discounts and priority in event ticket sales
– Whitelist access for future NFT drops
– Physical items
– Movie props, music video props, official merchandise, physical event tickets
User-Generated Content Feature
A huge aspect of entertainment culture is the creation of fandoms and fan art. To show their love and support, fans across the globe dedicate a lot of time to create fan art, however not all receive monetary gains or even credit for their creations. As fans ourselves, we want to create an outlet for other fans to create and be acknowledged, compensated, and celebrated on our platform!
From avatars and wearables to in-game items and experiences, we want to give our community the opportunity to bring their ideas to life!
For more information, please visit: