If you have any interest to buy Vega Protocol (VEGA), you will be required to have either Bitcoin abbreviated as (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) for trading purposes. I have reviewed the major cryptocurrency exchange Binance in this post to help you determine the best sites to buy cryptocurrency using a credit card or bank account. Take a read and get tips on the best cryptocurrency trading.
Step 1: How to create a Binance account:
1.1 Visit Binance’s Website (https://www.binance.com/en)
1.2 Fill in your trading details
1.3 Allow 2FA-Two-factor authentication (Optional)
Step 2: Buying your first Bitcoin (BTC)
I highly recommend buying Bitcoin first and then trading it for the right amount of Vega Protocol (VEGA).
Step 3: Transferring Your Cryptos to an Altcoin Exchange Huobi
Now let me show you how to Vega Protocol (VEGA) using your investment from Binance.
But not every crypto can be traded in Binance we need to transfer our coins to an exchange that Vega Protocol (VEGA) can be traded.
I will show you how to use Huobi which is a famous exchange to trade altcoins. We will use the link below to register your new account.
Once you have completed similar processes as you have done before with Binance you are ready to transfer our Bitcoins.
Step 4: Depositing BTC to Exchange
After you have created your trading account setup at one of the exchanges that trades Vega Protocol (VEGA), you will need to transfer your BTC from Binance to that specific exchange.
Usually done through a wallet system. to huobi deposit move your mouse over to “Balances” on the top right and click “Exchange Account”. Look for “BTC” from Token section and copy the given “Deposit Address”
To do this part may be a little difficult but don’t worry, it is easier than a bank transfer. Then copy your unique BTC wallet address and go back to Binance.
Then move your cursor to “Wallet” on the right hand side of the topbar and once the popup shows up, click on “Fiat and Spot (Deposit & Withdrawal)”. Look for BTC in the list and click on “Withdraw” on the right hand side.
You have to paste the deposit address you just copied from the other exchange and select BTC as the transfer network. Type down the amount that you want to withdraw (you may click the Max button if you want to withdraw all).
Next, click on the Submit button to begin with the withdrawal process. To proceed with the withdrawal, Binance may ask you for your 2FA code and also you will have to confirm the withdrawal with an e-mail.
That’s all, now you should wait for a while so that the blockchain to confirm your transaction.
Step 5: Trade Vega Protocol (VEGA)
Now you have to go back to Huobi to buy Vega Protocol (VEGA) with the Bitcoins you sent.
Move your mouse over “Spot Trading” and click “Exchange” then you will see trading menu. Look for huobi trade in the left column make sure to select “BTC” pair and in the search bar type in “VEGA”.
After you move your coin click on it and now you will see a price chart of VEGA/BTC in the middle of the page. Select the “Market” tab as that is the Easiest way of buying orders.
Also, you can either type in your amount or choose what portion of your BTC deposit you would like to spend on buying, by clicking on the percentage buttons.
Once you have confirmed everything, click “Buy VEGA”. Now you own your VEGA!
Other Exchanges to Buy Cryptos
The following are other sites you can buy from these exchanges:
HotBit (Which permits US investors)
MXC (This exchange allows US investors)
On top of the above-listed exchanges, there are some more common crypto exchanges where daily trading volumes and a huge user base is available. This helps to ensure that you can sell your coins any time you want and the charges for the trading are not high. It is recommended that you should also register on these exchanges because whenever Vega Protocol gets listed there it give the traders who have already registered a large amount of trading volumes, that means you will be provided with some great trading opportunities!
Final Step: How to Store Vega Protocol securely in hardware wallets
1. Ledger Nano S
- Easy to set up and has a friendly trading interface.
- Allows use on desktops and laptops
- Lightweight and Portable too
- Has been designed to Support most blockchains and a wide range of (ERC-20) tokens
- Has many trading languages.
- Designed by a well-established company found in 2014 with great chip security
- It is not expensive but can be acquired at affordable price
2. Ledger Nano X
- It made with a more advanced and secure element chip (ST33) than Ledger Nano S
- Also Lightweight and Portable and has a built-in rechargeable battery
- Has a Larger screen
- Comes with more storage space compared toLedger Nano S
- It supports most blockchains and wide range of (ERC-20) tokens
- Provides several languages for every customer
- It was designed by a famous company found in 2014 with great chip security
- Can be obtained at an affordable price
If you still have plans to stay at hodl” as some people call it, basically misspelt “hold” (which become famous as time passes) your Vega Protocol for some long time, you need to find ways to ensure it stays safe safe,
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to buy Vega Protocol with cash?
The answer is No. Because there is no way you can directly buy Vega Protocol with cash. But, using marketplaces such as LocalBitcoins to first buy Bitcoin, and completethe rest of the steps by transferring your bitcoin to respective AltCoin exchanges.
How do I Buy Bitcoin from local sellers?
What are the quickest ways I can buy Vega Protocol while living in Europe?
Can I use alternative platforms to purchase Vega Protocol or Bitcoin with credit cards?
What Is Vega Protocol (VEGA)?
Vega Protocol provides the derivatives scaling layer for Web3. It is a custom-built proof-of-stake blockchain, which makes it possible to trade derivatives on a decentralised network with comparable experience to using a centralised exchange.
VEGA is the network governance and staking token. It is used for:
- Voting on the creation of new markets on the network
- Running validator nodes on the network via staking VEGA tokens
- Earning fees from traders through staking and delegation
- Governing important network parameters which ensure markets are secure and fair
Vega Protocol implements a number of novel technology innovations, which enable high-performance trading of derivatives in a decentralised environment.
- Atomic margin calculations enable traders to maximise their capital-efficiency without compromising the safety of markets
- Pseudonymous trading identities ensure the network is accessible to anybody in the world without restriction
- The power to create new markets is put into the hands of the users of the network, through the permissionless market creation and governance protocol
- Strong liquidity incentives ensure that markets are attractive to both traders and liquidity providers at all times
How Many VEGA Tokens Are in Circulation?
VEGA has a fixed supply of 64,999,723 tokens, and the estimated circulating supply is as follows:
- Initial circulating supply of 2 million tokens
- Six months later, about 7.5 million tokens
- After one year, it’ll be about 19 million tokens
- In two years it will be approximately 60 million tokens